Project title: THE ROAD OF THE VALCEA COUNTY WINE
The project was signed on 29 of december 2011 between the Ministery of Regional Developement and Tourism, as Intermediary Body for Tourism, on behalf and for the Management Authority for the Regional Operational Program 2007-2013 and Prundeni Commune, as Beneficiary.
The general objective of project is the developement of the tourism and the increasing of Prundeni Commune and surrounding communities visibility, by promoting the wine and by specific marketing activities. The project aims to promote the wine tourism, the traditions in Prundeni Commune and the surrounding communities, because it exist a high touristical potential in this regard.
The project includes activities designed to make from Prundeni Commune and the surrounding communities attractive destination for tourism, business, by developing wine traditions and increasing use of the Internet in tourism promotion services.
The project involves promoting wine tourism through marketing activities and organizing events covering cities with old tradition in vine cultivation and wine production in order to promote the specific products of this area.
These specific marketing and promotional activities are:
- Making marketing studies. This action will include the realization of a marketing study regarding the best fairs and exhibitions where the beneficiary will participate and of studies regarding the impact of participating in these events.
- Media and outdoor promotion. Advertising activity is continuous and will imply the promoting of the wine tourism trough indoor and outdoor promotional materials (tourist guides, CDs, brochures, flyers, banners and posters).
- On-line promotion/Internet marketing. This action will imply a promotion in the online environment, through commercials, banners and articles on specialized websites.
- The creation of a portal/website. This activity includes the creation of a portal / website for the project, which includes information about the wine region, specific products, traditions, events and thematic routes.
- Participation in fairs and exhibitions. This activity includes the participation in specialized fairs and exhibitions, for promoting the product and the vineyard from our commune and the region as a touristic destination.
- Organization and conduct specific wine events. The activity involves organizing events aimed to promote the wine product.
The direct and indirect beneficiaries of the project are:
- The inhabitants of our commune and of surrounding communities that will be able to develop business in tourism and in wine traditions, there will be created new jobs through the economic growth of agents and implicitly increasing the level of living;
- The inhabitants of our commune of surrounding communitie that will be able to develop business in tourism and in wine traditions, there will be created new jobs through the economic growth of agents and implicitly increasing the level of living;
- The tourists from all over the country that can get information about the area and about the organized events through media and online channels;
- The foreign tourists that are in the country and also those who decide to come to Romania, by promoting nationally and in the tourism fairs in the country, but also by introducing the area in tours;
- The economic agents that will have an increase in demand for the wine domain and other related fields;
- The population of the country by promoting values and realization of the region visibility and thus promoting the country as a tourist destination for foreign tourists.
The total value of the project is 995,143.17 lei, the total eligible value of the project is 798,839.00 lei, the eligible value nonfundable from FEDR is 679,013.15 lei, the eligible value nonfundable from the national budget is 103,849.07 lei and the co-funding eligible of the beneficiary is 15,976.78 lei.
Project implementation period is 24 months.
Contact person: Marin Florea - Project Manager
Phone: 0745-043116/Fax: 0250 –810399
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
During March – November 2013, Comuna Prundeni will participate to the national tourism fairs, with the purpose of promoting wine tourism, Comuna Prundeni and neighboring localities traditions.
||Loc de desfasurare
||Perioada de desfasurare
||Targul de Turism al Romaniei
||Expo Drink& Wine
We are waiting you with more useful information regarding the local attractions, regarding vine cultivation tradition and obtaining wine in our area.
The promotion of "The Road of the Valcea County Wine" project on the National Tourism Fairs and Wine Salons obtained words of praise in the media, on blogs or speciality sites:
Participation at The Romanian Tourism Fair 14th-17th March 2013
Between 14th-17th March 2013, at Romexpo Exhibition Center took place the 29th edition of The Romanian Tourism Fair, the biggest event dedicated to the tourism industry in Romania. The first edition of this year scored a series of firsts on the tourism fairs field: hosted 275 companies; gathered over 30 000 visitors.
Participation at GoodWine 29th-31st March 2013
International Wine Fair GoodWine edition in March 2013, has consolidated its position as the most important wine events in Romania, over 100 exhibitors and attracting over 10,000 visitors exhibitor. Exhibitors - Romanian manufacturers, importers, distributors and companies in related fields had visitors over 1,000 wines, over 100 were launches and premieres.
"The differences from edition to edition, jumping size image and attraction, you persuasion, innovation, construction. I mean, action. "Action", the key word for the success of the wine! GoodWine equal share", said Catalin Paduraru, Master of Ceremony of GoodWine.
Participation at Vinvest 19th-21st April 2013
Between 19th-21st April, took place the 10th edition of The International Wine Salon VINVEST 2013 Timisoara which hosted 45 exhibitors, wine manufacturers, distributors and companies in related wine field. The event promoted the romanian viticulture ascension in the last 10 years.
Participation at The International Trade Fair for Consumer Goods 30th May-02nd June 2013
Between 30th May-02nd June, Romexpo Exhibition Center organised The International Trade Fair for Consumer Goods. The event hosted exhibitors and over 90 000 visitors.
Participation at Vintest 06th-09th June 2013
The National Wine Salon of Romania - Vintest 2013 took place between 6th-9th June 2013 at The Palace Hall in Bucharest. The event promoted romanian wines and wine tourism. The visitors located each participating wine cellar on the map and they also had the opportunity to meet the wines and their touristic offer.
The 3rd edition of Vintest 2013 were held at the same time with the 36th World Congress of Vine and Wine and the Extraordinary General Meeting of the International Organization of Vine and Wine between 2 and 7 June 2013 in Bucharest, at the Parliament Palace. Romania organized once again this event in 1968.
The Congress theme entitled “Vine and Wine between Tradition and Modernity” was a comprehensive framework of wider debates on areas of interest for the sectors involved in the current viticulture and oenology, focusing on the preservation of the traditions of different worldwide regions.